Footwear Trade Show Council
A collective of Trade Show and Retail Association executives working to strengthen footwear industry B2B trade shows and events.
A collective of executives from Trade Shows and Retail Associations working together to strengthen footwear industry B2B trade shows and events.
The Footwear Trade Show Council helps to align nation-wide show dates and calendars, shares insights and intelligence on issues impacting trade shows. Topics shared range from operational shifts to health and safety issues as well as new technologies to increase add value to shoe companies and retailers at shows.
- Share show dates in order to avoid overlapping trade shows
- Increase trade show awareness and traffic
- Ensure shows hear shoe company needs to provide better services
- Align dates of trade shows to best fit shoe company development cycles
- Develop or adopt new features to shows to increase experience and ease of doing business
The Footwear Trade Show Council meets quarterly on virtual calls for 1 hour to better align trade shows:
- Hear from leading execs on operations that may impact schedules or shows planning and dates (e.g., COVID, supply chain impacts on samples).
- FDRA provides marketplace retail data to ensure shows understand where the market is headed for demand planning.
- Discuss future show dates for alignment.
- Explore and discuss technologies and best practices that improve show attendance, traffic and experience.
The Footwear Trade Show Council maintains the Footwear Industry Events Calendar, a shared calendar of member trade shows, so that companies and retailers have full line of sight into opportunities and dates.
The Footwear Trade Show Council issues a quarterly newsletter highlighting upcoming trade shows to help increase awareness of shows participating in the council.